Join the team!
Who We Are
Hunger Curbed creates and fosters a connection between food trucks and their customers by sharing the truck’s real-time location, menu, ratings and reviews with the customer and providing truck operators with a centralized way to engage with customers.
Where We're At
We have spoken with more than 20 trucks and personally worked in the food truck environment, gaining a full understanding of the problems the industry’s entrepreneurs face. We've designed a robust, interactive UI to further our understanding of the trucks' and customers' needs. The company recently won second place at the B-Start program, coordinated by the Bloomington Economic Development Corporation and pitched in the Crossroad Pitch Competition and the Vernon Clapp Idea Competition.
The product is a cross-platform, geolocation-based mobile application with two user interfaces.
The truck interface allows the operator to:
- Establish the truck on the map
- Share content to, and see notifications from Fracebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Read and respond to direct messages and reviews
- Edit their profile
- View Hotspots (best places and times to serve based on historical data)
The consumer interface features:
- Map and list views of surrounding food trucks
- Sortable by distance, price and keywords
- Truck profiles - including their menu, ratings, reviews and special offers
- Savable favorites
- In-app messaging to communicate directly with the truck
- Push notifications
Full Stack Software Engineer
- Previous experience with Web, iOS and Android full-stack development, architecture and management of databases is necessary. Experience with managing development teams and budgeting is beneficial.
- You'll take the lead on developing and managing the product, and building a team as necessary.
Social Media Manager
- Previous experience with social media management, page growth and engagement optimization, particularly with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is necessary. Experience with food-related marketing and social media management is beneficial.
- You'll have creative control over the Hunger Curbed social media profiles. Growth of potential users and creating a community for people and food trucks to interact with will be your top priorities.
Who You Are:
You'll be a great fit if you are who are self-motivated, creative in your problem solving and meticulous, but you maintain an understanding and focus of the bigger picture and how you’re contributing to it. You are always eager to learn and gain new skills - and you like to have fun with whatever you’re doing. Sound like you? We're excited to meet you!Email us at email@example.com with your resume.